Thursday 5 July 2012

Day 2, 3 & 4: Sault Ste Marie to Thunder Bay to North Dakota

Day 2: Sault Ste Marie to Thunder Bay
Set out at 7:30am on Monday  morning to head to Thunder Bay. It was  a good day, about 9 hours riding 699km.
Stopped at a couple look out points and provintial parks.
Dirt Road to Cresent lake Cresent Lake Cresent Lake Wawa Goose Wawa welcom Building Nice curve in the road from old woman bay Old Woman Bay
Arrived in Thunder Bay about 5:30pm. at my first Couch Surfing Host's place. Richard, had a pot of chili ready for me when I arrived and made Bacon and eggs for me in the morning. We chatted a little and took his dog Oliver for a walk around the block. One of Richards favorite places is Glacier National Park in Montana which is one of the places I will be visiting throught my trip.


Richard and Oliver


Day 3: Thunder Bay to Cooperstown, North Dakota
Set out at 9am (Eastern Time) Daily total - 874km.
Crossed the border to USA at Pigeon Road Border Crossing around 9am (Central Time). Got pulled into secondary, they just asked me a few questions and checked out my bike and sent me on my way, no unpacking or and searching so was a pretty smooth sailing cross over.
I stopped at Two Harbors and took some pictures of the light house, I wanted to take my bike all the way out on to the boardwalk by the light house but didn't think it would be a good idea with all the people around.
Was a very long day with 12.5 hrs on the road reaching my cousin's house in Cooperstown, ND around 8:30 (Central Time). Their dogs Rip and Spook greated me like they never forgot me from when I was there back in '09.


Two Harbors Light house at two harbors Tunnell
Spook and Rip
Day 4: First day in North Dakota with Family


Slept in untill about 9:30am had a dish for breakfast called Egg Bake that was very tasty.
My cousin Nick came by in his Polaris Ranger RZR (Razer). We took a cruise around in the Razer and visited some family around town. My other Cousin came on a borrowed Harley to say hello. Then we went to the local Country Club Golf Course in Cooper for some Steaks and Chops with the fam.
Then Nick and I went to Hanaford (a local town) for some Fourth of July fireworks, bon fire and beer (water beer...lol)
Nicks Rzr Road Glide Classic Grillin Steaks and Chops July 4th Fire and Flag on July 4th

1 comment:

  1. Loved having you here with us Geoff! Appreciate your informative blog; keep it up! Happy Trails to you dear cousin! Judy/Dave

    ReplyDelete